books are breath

A life without books is a very hollow existence indeed. Nothing else has the power to make me laugh out loud, cry like a baby, or scream in rage like reading a book can. I am open to all genres and am willing to give almost anything a try, even if it's outside my normal scope. My faves are thrillers/suspense but I am also into paranormal, drama, chick lit and YA. This is my first blog, so forgive my ignorance and if you see something I can improve, do tell. :)

Review: The Here and Now by Ann Brashares

The Here and Now - Ann Brashares

I enjoyed this book. I read a bunch of nasty reviews on Goodreads so my expectations were low. After finishing the book I'm wondering what got all those haters foaming at the mouth. The book was a lovely, light little piece of fluff with a side of fantasy/sci-fi. When taken as such, I considered it very enjoyable. There wasn't a ton of character development but I didn't feel the story suffered much for the lack of it. Anyway, that just reinforces to me that no matter what the peanut gallery may have to say about a book, I will read it and make my own judgment.

The Vacationers: A Novel