books are breath

A life without books is a very hollow existence indeed. Nothing else has the power to make me laugh out loud, cry like a baby, or scream in rage like reading a book can. I am open to all genres and am willing to give almost anything a try, even if it's outside my normal scope. My faves are thrillers/suspense but I am also into paranormal, drama, chick lit and YA. This is my first blog, so forgive my ignorance and if you see something I can improve, do tell. :)

Review: Missing You by Harlan Coben

Missing You - Harlan Coben

I'm a big fan of Harlan Cohen. I love the Myron Bolitar books and in recent years have even enjoyed the Mickey Bolitar books, even if they are geared toward younger readers. This latest Coben book wasn't as good as some of the others but it wasn't terrible either. I kinda felt like some of the writing was juvenile and the style was not fluid and slick, which I have come to expect from his earlier books. I got frustrated with Kat, the main character, several times. It just felt to me like the suspense was contrived and I guessed most of the plot twists before they were revealed. I still liked the book but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

The Vacationers: A Novel