books are breath

A life without books is a very hollow existence indeed. Nothing else has the power to make me laugh out loud, cry like a baby, or scream in rage like reading a book can. I am open to all genres and am willing to give almost anything a try, even if it's outside my normal scope. My faves are thrillers/suspense but I am also into paranormal, drama, chick lit and YA. This is my first blog, so forgive my ignorance and if you see something I can improve, do tell. :)

I just can't ......

Ripper - Isabel Allende

So yeah. I'm disappointed to say the least. Guess I should a paid attention to the reviews but I very rarely take those to heart. My taste in books often differs from others but this time the multitude of reviews were pretty spot on. Too damn many characters, rambling background, confusing time shifting, and nowhere near enough action. I don't usually put a book down without finishing it but this one will have to be shelved until a much later date. Maybe I'll finish it someday, but if I never do, I can't imagine I'll be missing out on much. Phhffft.

The Vacationers: A Novel